Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

Operation Front Room! Upholstering chairs

Recently we have had the front room repainted after we had insulation put in, and today I've hung up the curtains again and started to re-upholster the chairs.

The chairs came with the house and were probably as horrible to look at brand new as they do now that they're old!

I used material I was given for free by a lady I know from Church after I got locked out of my house one time (sometimes there are advantages to locking yourself out!)

I bought some upholstery nails from Wilko's for 99p a packet, with approx 25 in each, so with free chairs and material, it has cost me under £2.00 to make the chair look better.

 So here is a comparison between the two chairs. The yucky brown chair on the right is how they originally looked like and on the left is my effort to make them look better.

I used trial and error to attach the cloth onto the chair, it's really messy underneath, but who's going to look under there?!

No comments:

Post a Comment